Jul 28, 2010

Rob Pattinson: Blow up! - underwear?

Ok so I had posted a link to the video showing the relentless paparazzi holding a camera 3 feet (if that) from his face just continual flashes and filming. Horrible, offensive, disrespectful, are a few words that come to mind. A few others do to but I don't want to get in trouble for seriously bad language.

I watched the whole video. They literally were waiting there so they could follow him to find out where he lives. Where he freakin' LIVES. You know, it amazes me that there are stalking laws up the wazoo (thankfully) but NOTHING to protect celebrities from constant harassment and people completely disrespecting personal space.

I must be missing something. In the video Rob actually went up to 2 police officers who in turn (I believe) told him they couldn't do a thing. Someone explain to me why that is? I don't want to hear any bull$hit about freedom of the press. That is taking something and stretching it to fit those peoples sick needs. If a woman was walking down the street (a regular NON-celebrity) and a group of men (because from what I've seen MOST of the paparazzi are men) were surrounding this woman, making her feel unsafe - threatening to follow her home so they could STALK her some more - flashed cameras in her face, etc... you are going to tell me that there is NOTHING that can be done about that?? I would love to do an experiment and get about 15 guys of different ages, sizes and backgrounds.. stick a camera and/or camcorder in their hand and tell them to just pick someone off the street and follow them relentlessly. My suspicion is THEY WOULD BE ARRESTED. I don't understand - and if someone does know - please enlighten me because I'm so offended at this my eyes are almost popping out of their sockets. I say this because I'm an actress, and NO not even one iota or even in the general vicinity of celeb status .. but I imagine if I did get there.. and this was me. Dear God, I'd turn into Sean Penn and punch someone in the noggin!

Let's move on to something less serious - but just as stupid..

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is trying to make a buck off of the Twilight phenominoa and / or Rob. Some things I remember (just off the top of my head)
~seeing commericals for Volvos showing Edward (Rob) from Twilight - trying to sell some cars
~Burger King has happy meals with Eclipse stuff in it ... what the 2 have to do with each other? no clue
~Lip venum - some bloody color lipgloss relating to bloody vampire lips
~Sparkle body powder - so that you can sparkle like Edward...

to name a few..

Yet, what do we have now???

Headline:
Robert Pattinson To Get Underwear Range
But will he be modelling them himself?...


Article:
According to reports, after Rob was spotted buying some pants in one of the stores, the company has decided to launch a range of briefs in his honour.

Sadly for us, Contactmusic.com has reported that Rob has declined to offer to model the underwear but even the prospect of seeing Rob in his kecks has tipped us over the edge and made things like speaking slightly problematic...

Back to the matter at hand, those bright young things at M&S have decided to called the range of underwear 'R-Pant', the worse play on words EVER and claim the range will be aimed at young men.

The head of merchandising for M&S stated: "Over the last three years we've seen an increase in the popularity of hipsters. The new range is designed to appeal to a young, fashion-savvy customer."

Oli Arnold, style director of Men's Health magazine told MTV News: "I hate seeing the waistbands of men's pants poking out of the top of their jeans. Do Marks and Spencer even sell skinny jeans? Maybe lots of women will buy them for their husbands and boyfriends though."

Will you buy the man in your life some R-Pants or has the Robsession gone too far this time?!

After he was buying undies then what happens? Company finds out and cashes in on it. And they are calling them "R-Pant." I.... er.... sigh... I bow my head and shake it back and forth because the words aren't coming to me. Rob declined to model them - BIG SURPRISE!

Hey all you companies out there - from what I HEAR.. (looking around sneakily) Rob buys toothpaste, soap, socks, and get this... TOILET PAPER!!

Designing... BEGIN!
blog comments powered by Disqus