Jul 5, 2010

Rob Pattinson: Cooking issues? George Washington?

Happy 4th to one and all. Haven't written for a while because I haven't found anything entertaining. Right now it's all about numbers at the box office for Eclipse so the pencil paparazzi haven't been making $hit up because there is too much to talk about with the actual movie. Good news I say!

Although I have found about 15 articles that have headlines that resemble this:

Rob Pattinson can't cook!
or
Rob Pattinson can only make toast!

Is this newsworthy? More importantly .. is it true?

Blurb from an article:
The ‘Twilight Saga’ actor admits he often craves home-cooked food but because his culinary abilities are so limited, he has to rely on room service in hotels.

He said: “In London recently, my hotel had really good room service and I just ate the same thing every day – chicken tikka! I crave a home-cooked meal sometimes, but I only know how to make a piece of toast.”

The British star also admitted spending so much time staying in hotels has made him lazy.

He explained: “Hotels have made me more lazy, you can throw the towel on the floor and someone picks it up, and there’s a mini bar.”

Call me crazy... but he's probably being a bit tongue and cheek, sarcastic, trying to make a joke? I'm sure he can make more than toast. Most guys his age have at least mastered Mac n' Cheese. Bottom line is - who cares? Of course he doesn't have time to cook his own meals. He's on set all the time. And if you think about it; sadly how often do WE cook our own meals. No one has enough time for that anymore. I try to cook during the week. But sometimes - time doesn't agree with my choices.
So I'm sure Rob is just being funny. I recall him saying in an interview that he was allergic to vagina's too. But once again - he's makin' a funny!

NEXT

I know this article is just being funny but it annoyed me. Why you ask? (or didn't ask) Only because it's so silly. I'm all for silly but this is just odd.

Headline: Robert Pattinson Great Moments in American History (PIC)

Article:
Yes, we're well aware; Robert Pattinson is, technically, British. But over the years we've come to regard him as an honorary American. And really, think about it—how much cooler would American history have been if R-Pattz had been there for its most exciting moments?

As we celebrate this great nation's birth, let's click through the photo gallery to see how America might have developed differently with the addition of a little R-Pattz.


He's not technically British - he IS British. And then there is this picture:

Not sure if you can see it - but the photoshopped his face onto Washington. Is it funny? Yeah I guess a little - but the bottom line is that writers will find anyway to get him into any story including try to connect him to the 4th of July. Just a little odd to me....
Maybe it's just me?